A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I Have a Bone to Pick with Pinterest

   This will be my last week living in Notasulga. Well, fingers crossed. Packing has been a bit of an issue, in that I hate it. One never realizes how much junk one accrues until it's time to pack it all up. And, that reminds me, I have a bone to pick with Pinterest. They have you saving all of this trash for these projects that never happen. Yes, I used the term "trash" correctly because that's exactly where all of those salvaged cereal boxes would have gone had I not saved them because Pinterest told me to do so. And maybe I'm the only person who pins a cute little craftsy project, starts collecting supplies, and then forgets about it because life either got too busy to be a DIYer or I pinned another project that stole my attention. I don't know, but I do know that packing would go a lot faster if I didn't have all this Pinterest-inspired junk hidden all over my house.

    I mean, it's because of Pinterest that my cute little guest bedroom was turned into my crafting room. Okay, well, I should have said my [would have been] cute little guest bedroom. I had these great plans to give it a bed-and-breakfast theme. I even went as far as to paint it a warm color, acquired a beautiful cream and blue quilt, and purchased quaint little decorations. Unfortunately, the only theme that room has going on is "junky". Maybe I could put a spin on it and say the decor is "condemned bed-and-breakfast". I've got that look down pat. Seriously, I have yards and yards of burlap (is that even cool anymore?), more felt sheets than you can shake a [hot glue] stick at, and +/- 50 jars of homemade jellies.

   So a big  BRAVO to all of you successful Pintrest-ers out there! I don't know how you have the time or storage space to accomplish your pins, but I admire you. Truly, I do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment