A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 22: Your top 3 worst traits

I'm not going to lie to y'all, this post is going to be pretty easy. I can be pretty hard on myself, and I instantly knew my top three undesirable traits as soon as I read today's blog challenge topic.


Worst Trait #1: I am quite scatter-brained. I believe the clinical term is ADHD, but we'll just leave it at scatter-brained. There's about 1.8 gazillion things going on in my head at any given time. Consequently, it's hard for me to have a singular focus, which I find to be completely annoying. I often times catch my thoughts trailing off in conversation, but by the time I've realized this the conversation has been going on for a while and I have no idea what's going on. These are the times I just smile and nod--which can get you into trouble sometimes.

Worst Trait #2: My memory is horrible. I have a sneaking suspicion this directly correlates with Worst Trait #1, but who who knows. I've always struggled with remembering things and also find this to be incredibly annoying, as well. I have unfaithfully kept journals throughout my life as a means of helping to jog my memory in the future. Quite honestly, that's the entire motivation behind this blog. It's somewhat of a public journal, and I thought I might update it more regularly if I know there are other people reading it. As you might have noticed from my sporadic updates, I'm not so sure if that logic was logical.

Worst Trait #3: I am crazy-messy. Like, it's on a whole new level, and I am entirely comfortable with living in a pig sty. I throw my clothes on the floor, leave dishes in the sink, and often times put my trash down wherever I'm sitting rather than making a trip to the trash can. My car is always cluttered and always in need of a deep cleaning. I had hoped this would get better with age, but I'm pretty sure I was wrong about that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment