A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

And so it begins!

     Anthony officially moved to Dothan last weekend to begin his last leg of academia before becoming a DO. This was the quickest moving/unpacking I've ever been a part of! I can only hope mine will be the same in a couple of weeks.
     He's spent the past week in Orientation, getting acquainted with his new school and making new friends. Classes officially begin on Monday! How exciting! 
     His will be the first graduating class at ACOM. As we were walking around campus and looking at the brand new school, housing, and landscape, I couldn't help but wonder what it would look like in twenty years. It made me think of Auburn and how much it's changed in just the few years since I was a student there. Wonder if the freshman (or whatever you call first year med students) will think about what their school looked like in its beginning and how the brand new students felt.

In front of his new school

First Night in the New Apartment

Visiting the Botanical Gardens

This little lady had crazy long toes. It was almost disturbing.



Pretty koi

He emailed me a copy of this beaut today. So handsome!

Can you tell I'm proud of him and excited for him?! It's so admirable to want something so badly that you're willing to commit that amount of time and effort to get there. There's no way I could go to school for that long! It's one of the many reasons I admire this little boy. 

1 comment:

  1. My old stomping grounds! Dothan is a nice city. Best of luck to him.

    ReplyDelete