A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

So Long Sweet Summer

   Labor Day is behind us which means summer is as well. This summer was definitely atypical in many ways.  (1) For starters, it rained for weeks at a time. I find it funny that people habitually complain each Alabama summer about not getting enough rain, and when we get buckets of it, we complain about that too. I guess being dissatisfied is the human condition. (2) It was also atypical because I was working Mon-Fri this year. That was very different, but different isn't always bad. To tell you the truth, I had absolutely no summer job on the books last year and I hated it. Not working for months on end is one of those things that sounds fabulous hypothetically but is slightly boring in reality. (3) Lastly, this summer is set apart because I didn't spend an ample amount of time on Lake Martin. I thought I'd flock to the lake each weekend since I wouldn't be able to get my fix on the weekdays. However, my weekends were spent going elsewhere--probably because the lake isn't as much fun when it's pouring.

SUMMER HIGHLIGHTS

  • I learned to sail. Okay, I'm not a seasoned sailor and definitely couldn't handle a great deal of responsibility, but I can help out nonetheless. It's so much!
  • Anthony got to experience Nashville; although, we're going to need a few more weekend trips for him to get the full experience.
  • Anthony started school at ACOM :)
  • I moved back to Tallassee
  • Kelly turned 30


  PLACES VISITED SUMMER 2013 (work included)

  • Lake Martin :)
  • Birmingham, AL
  • Huntsville, AL
  • Dothan, AL
  • Hattiesburg, MS
  • Biloxi, MS
  • Pensacola, FL
  • Panama City Beach, FL
  • Shreveport, LA
  • Jonesboro, AK
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Nashville, TN
  • Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Toledo, OH



No comments:

Post a Comment