A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 28: Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories. Use YouTube to include them in the post

Day 28: Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories. Use YouTube to include them in the post




When I Survey the Wondrous Cross--This is my all time favorite hymn. 
Its words are ever faithful to put things in the right perspective and begs me to refocus.

2.

Danny's Song by Loggins and Messina--As hippie as this song is, it remains one of my all-time favorites. I connect with it because one of the goals for my life is to lead a simple one. This song brings it home.



Best of Me by The Starting Line--My, how I love this song! I first heard it while watching MTV when I was a teeny-bopper (Shh, don't tell Mom. MTV was allowed in our home!). I told one of my best friends about it, and he surprised me with the CD one night after we left a graduation ceremony. 




I'd Love to Lay You Down by Conway Twitty--If I weren't restricted to five songs, there would be many more on the list by Conway. If you know me--even the tiniest bit--you've probably been exposed to my love for Conway. (It must run in the family because Kelly is quite the fan, as well.) So, because I decided to limit him to one, I choose this because it's my favorite. (Well, it's probably tied with Don't Cry Joni.)




Look Away by Chicago--This is another one where I could pick multiple songs from their available albums. However, this is probably my favorite song by Chicago. I can remember listening to this song in the car with my Mom. For some reason, I always think about driving with the windows down on a nice day. Maybe that's a specific memory tied to listening to this song--I'm not sure.


**For the record: I wanted to include a song by the talented Anthony Bianchi but wasn't sure if he'd appreciate it. Just know that it's one of my favorites and deserves a spot on this list--even if it is unofficial.**

No comments:

Post a Comment