A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ode to October

  While every month has something to bring to the table, I love the festivities that October brings the most! Below is a nice concise list of why I love October.
  1. Trading my summer dresses and flip flops for boots and thick fabrics
  2. Pumpkins, both whole and carved
  3. Alabama National Fair
  4. Autumn-scented candles
  5. Homecoming Sunday at the church I grew up in
  6. Those pretty red flowers that pop up around Notasulga for a couple of days each year
  7. The anniversary of my grandparents (Oct. 15)
  8. Halloween--one of my favorite holidays (and, no, I still do not know what I'm going to be this year)
  9. Haunted Houses and Hay Rides
  10. Decorating my house for Halloween and autumn
  11. Fields of cotton getting ready to be harvested
  12. My dad's birthday (Oct. 19)
  13. Sweet Potato harvest

No comments:

Post a Comment