A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

This Wreath does not deserve a "Boo!"

   For those that do not know, I have this thing about wreathes. See, the thing is, I love them. Unfortuntely, the ones that I fall for always seem to cost around $50. And while I think they're awesome, I have to remember that I am a school teacher with a limited budget. I have a beautiful Christmas wreath that I splurged on, a really pretty fall wreath, and my spring/summer wreath. Those three get me through the calendar year.

  This year I decided I wanted to try my hand at making a Halloween wreath. Kelly had mentioned seeing a really cute one that was covered in glow-in-the-dark eyeballs, and I had originally planned to make that one. After looking on Facebook and seeing some really cute "tutu wreaths", I decided it looked easy enough for me to atttempt to make one. So on to Hobby Lobby I went.

   I purchased a straw wreath, 3 yds of black tulle, 3 yds of orange tulle, and ribbon all for about $15. I got home, turned on Law & Order SVU, and got to work. By the end of the hour long episode, I had made this pretty little thing.


   I still want to purchase some Halloween accessories to add on it and make it more festive. But even if I don't, I am pretty proud of it! This was so affordable and fun, I may just be making one for every holiday. And this may be my go-to gift idea for all occasions.


No comments:

Post a Comment