A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Holy, Holy, Holy

   As stated in earlier posts, I use my 20-minutes commute to pray and worship God. When I stop and think of the Wonder and Majesty of God, sometimes I just have nothing to say. I am so small that sometimes I just find myself unworthy to worship a God so Awesome.

  It's times like those when I just repeat, "Holy, Holy, Holy" over and over. Isaiah 6 gives us a look at the Throne of God in Heaven. God's throne has seraphims standing above it. Each seraphim has 6 wings--Two covering its face, two covering its feet, and two to fly with. They are crying out "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory."

  An account of God's throne is also given in Revelation 4. There are four beasts who continually shout, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come."

  Three is the number of completion. Many say that the word holy is repeated three times to represent the Trinity--God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Others say that three is the number of completion and they are repeating it 3x because God is completely holy. Either way, I like it.

  There is so much power in that repetition; so much said in one word. We worship a complete and holy God. So next time you're meditating on the Father (or Son or Holy Spirit) and you stand amazed and dumb with his awesomeness, try repeating, "Holy, Holy, Holy" and feel worship fall on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment