A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Saturday Six

What I'm reading. I'm still readying Phillip Carlo's The Butcher. I haven't even gotten near the middle of the book. I'm still in the process of learning the characters. Phillip Carlo does an excellent job describing each character's history and documenting the process of how they got to be who they are/were.
   I'm also reading The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson. A sweet coworker of mine purchased it for me after being richly blessed by its message. I'm looking forward to learning how to become a circle warrior! I've been highlighting lines of the book that have called out to me. There seems to be more highlighted passages than plain text. Looks like a good sign to me!!

What I'm eating. I should really document how much I'm eating rather than what. This week has been OUT OF CONTROL when it comes to portion control. If this week had to have a culinary theme, it'd definitely be indulgence. Reese eggs, Cinnabon rolls, steak, souped-up mashed potatoes, etc.

What products I'm using. I've been using Oboshi's ElastiLash until my Latisse comes in. Previously, I mentioned that I had a massive gap in the lashes on my left eye. That was roughly about two or three weeks ago. I'm happy to say that the gap has been filled in thanks to doubling up on my doses. While I don't think it's up to Latisse's standards; this little guy packs a punch!!!

What I'm listening to. I have great respect for Kacey Musgraves as an artist. I think she is a phenomenal songwriter. I find myself hoping the next song coming on the radio is her "Merry Go Round" song. I love it! I instantly fell in love with Merranda Lambert's song "Mama's Broken Heart". Come to find out, Kasey wrote that and gave it to Merranda as a wedding gift. If I was a betting woman, I'd bet ol' Kacey is going to be around for a minute!

What I'm looking forward to. I'm looking forward to squeezing into my senior prom dress next weekend. I am not going to go into the details of what a nightmare it was back in the day to track down and purchase that dress, but let's just say it was a bit extreme. BUT it was most definitely worth it because that thing is a BEAUT!! And I'm definitely getting my money out of it since this is the second time in my adult life I've pulled it out of the closet.

Wish I had a picture to show y'all, but I'll definitely take some next week!

What quote I'm loving.
So true, Buddha!

No comments:

Post a Comment