A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Saturday Six

What I'm reading. I'm making it a priority to sit down this week and actually start The Butcher by Phillip Carlo. This book offers the first-ever look at the life and crimes of Tommy "Karate" Pitera who had an estimated 60 kills before being caught. Phillip Carlo has several books that chronicle the mad acts of mafia men and the heroic investigators who brought them down such as Richard Ramirez and Richard Kuklinshi. Carlo's books are quite morbid, going into detail of the kills, but they're fascinating to a reader whose mind just doesn't work that way. That's my disclaimer for letting you folks know I'm not trying to get tips on how to "off" someone.

What I'm eating. I've been eating a tremendous amount of cauliflower this week. (Wish I had something more exciting to offer.) I'm so glad I decided to have an open mind and try cauliflower last year. Before, I only saw it offered up with ranch on a veggie tray. Now, I get a little creative with it--cheesy cauliflower in the place of mac n cheese, cauliflower with sixteen cloves of garlic [no typo, SIXTEEN], and cauliflower soup. 

What products I'm using. I bought a facial primer from Ulta this week. I've noticed that, by the time I get home from work, my makeup is still present but not in the areas it was applied. After doing research and identifying the top primers, I copped out and went with Revlon--mainly due to the fact that I was ready to get out of there and I just happened to be on that aisle. I still haven't used it, but I'll report back later and see if it does the job.

What I'm listening to. I've been jamming out to Senses Fail on my way to work this week. (Okay, for a couple of weeks now since my car is messy and I don't know the exact location of my CD case.) I love that the singer mainly talks/yells throughout the song. He doesn't have what you would call a great singing voice, but the lyrics and instrumentals make up for it. 

What I'm looking forward to. I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hair cut and colored next week. The grays cannot be denied since the last time they had a little paint on them was November. I have been embracing it and telling myself it makes my hair look shiny. Pretty sure I'm the only one that's buying that line. On a less-vain note, I'm looking forward to the rest of my weekend. It's my brother-in-law's birthday and we're pretty much celebrating it this entire weekend starting with this afternoon and ending with a family cookout tomorrow. With that being said, I need to go shopping for a gift immediately after I finish blogging. 

What quote I'm loving.
.ah yes.
I think Jr. had the right idea! Now if we can just get everyone on board this train of thought...

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I hear Alabama is anticipating snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment