A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Bathing Suits: Prepared for the Worst; Expecting the Best

   I made the decision to get fancy and splurge on a bathing suit this year. I always get at least one new suit each year, but I usually do my shopping at Target. However, after a couple of bathing suit vs. big wave incidents, I've decided to spare my fellow beach lover's eyes and buy a bathing suit that is not so easily removed (or at least mis-placed). Don't get me wrong, I love my super-cute $30 bikinis, but they're not durable enough for the ocean's waves. And if I'm at the beach, playing in the ocean is exactly where you'll find me.

   This is how it went down: I went to Olive Garden to meet some friends for lunch. I ate a lot. I mean A LOT. I had originally planned to have soup & salad so I wouldn't be ginormous when I went suit shopping. But as usual, my stomach grew when it was time to order and I skipped out on the light idea. Once I was sufficiently over-stuffed, I decided it wasn't the best idea to go shopping for a swimsuit. Then I had a "better" idea; I should still go swimsuit shopping. If I could find a swimsuit that I was happy with when I was swollen on bread sticks and pasta then I should be happy with it when I'm not swollen on bread sticks and pasta. And so I went, and I'm glad I did.

   I found the little number at Dillard's. It's made by Hurley so I know it's well-made and durable. It's also really comfortable. It's a royal blue classic halter and bikini bottom. It looked decent then and it looks better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment