A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Germination

   Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE gardening. I love watching my plants bud, grow, and bloom. I love the satisfaction I get from knowing it is because of my care that it is alive and growing.
   This year I bought about 15 packs of seeds and planted about 100 cups worth. I figured this would cut down on flower costs and be a fun little project. I have everything from dahlias to chinese lanterns. After growing for a little over a month, I planted quite a bit this weekend.
    I have a cut-flower garden  in the backyard by the deck that I am crazy-excited about! I love fresh bouquets and plan to have quite a few this spring/summer. Those flowers range from 4-2.5 feet tall.
    I planted morning glory around an unsightly stump and for ground cover around my bench. Hopefully both will turn out well!
   I still haven't figured out where to put my chinese lantern, poppy, balsam, and english daisies. I may have overdone it with the variety of flowers. Better to have too much than too little, though.  Here are a few pics.


My morning glory that will eventually cover the stump with big blooms

Morning glory (excuse my shadow)

balsam: their new home is tbd

No comments:

Post a Comment