A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Knew This Day Would Come....

...I just hoped it wouldn't come so fast. As I was putting my hair into hot rollers last week, I noticed a very light hair. Immediately I went into denial mode because the sun is shining more and my hair is lightening up. However, I knew it was what I thought it was, but I would not let myself think about  it. So I did what every woman whose not ready to begin the aging process does: I pulled it out and tried to pretend it never happened. (I did put it in the cupboard for further inspection for when I was feeling more up to dealing with the situation.)
  
   My denial was blown out of the water today. I found ANOTHER one. Awesome. I have grey hair. What's next--wrinkles?

    For those of you that are reading this and wanting to say, "get over yourself". Sure, I'm being vain. I like looking young. I like having smooth skin and colored hair. I can't help it, I've had it all my life. And truthfully, this is the first time since I was in 10th grade that I haven't highlighted or dyed my hair. I was so happy that I went back to my natural hair color and was trying to have long, healthy hair by not putting chemicals in it. So much for that. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment