A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools

  Happy April Fools Day! My homeroom orchestrated an April Fools prank on me today. No one showed up. When I got to school, none of my students were at their lockers, none waiting for me to open the door, none greeting me in the halls. Gotta say I'm pretty proud of them for actually sticking to it and not telling me about it. (They're 7th graders so I fully anticipated someone to spill the beans.)
   However, one of my coworkers filled me in on the prank so I could counter their's with one of my own. We just finished up standardized testing this week and I promised that if we had perfect attendance during the two weeks of testing that I would bake some goodies for them. So I loaded up an empty baking dish and headed to school. When they all came back to fill me in on their prank, I pretended to be irate because I baked for them and no one showed up so I gave all the goodies away. I even had the fake pan as evidence. Pretty good stuff!
My empty classroom

Their Imaginary Goodies

No comments:

Post a Comment