A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Passion Renewed: Reading

   I am not a reader. I am a reader who knows I shouldn't read. Okay, what I'm trying to say is, I LOVE to read! I love it so much that I don't allow myself to do it very often. It's kind of like someone who loves chocolate. They could eat it all day, every day, but they don't because they know it's not good for them. Reading is not good for me. Reading is not something I should do if I want to accomplish anything else.  Once I start reading, I lose all desire to do anything else. I don't want to sleep, I don't want to eat, I don't even want to bathe(TMI?). I just want to sit in my chair covered with a blanket and read my book. Hence, why I try not to read. Well, I'm fine as long as it is just one book--not a series. If it is just one single book then I can read it in a day or two and be done with it. If it's a series, then I'll be going on a week-long hiatus. Most people won't notice if I don't pick up the phone or text them back if it's only a couple of days (since that's pretty much the norm for me anyway). However, it's a lot harder to go undetected for a week or so.
   Jenna gave me a five-book series to read a couple months ago. I purposefully waited until spring break to read them since she said they're quite addictive. She was right; they are amazing. It's the Fever series by Karen Moning. Soooo good!!! They can be a bit risque, but they're addictive! Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment