A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ouch!!

   So I made it through our first day of the Insanity Program. I'm not going to lie--it was the toughest workout I've ever done. One second you're  doing push ups on the floor and the very next second you're jumping into the air. All that constant movement and change in positions left me dizzy and nursing a headache. Okay, enough talking about how bad it was---because it was also awesome!!!
   I left feeling like I had really done something. A lot of times I won't push myself as far as I could if I'm in charge of my workout. The only person I have to be accountable to is myself, and, honestly, I'm not that tough on myself if I don't do that great of a job. I usually justify my mediocre workout by telling myself it was good that I just went to the gym in the first place. However, I can't weasel out of pushing myself with this workout. I've got Shaun T in my face reminding me that I can do it and the pain will be worth it in the long run. And when I get tired out and  need to take a break, I see my co-workers continuing on and it makes me want to get back into it as fast as I can. There's definitely safety in numbers.
    I am pretty much sore all over my entire body but not so much that I can't do it today. And, so, we're continuing on today. Hello Cardio Abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment