A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Insanity and an Intervention

   So the last two blogs have been about me doing the Insanity workout. Guess what this one's about?!?! Yep, more Insanity. Well, kind of. My main reason for doing this incredibly stupid-hard workout is to get a flat stomach. Maybe not a six-pack but a good, hard toned stomach.

  They say exercise alone is not gonna get you a 6-pack. Diet plays a super key role in trimming belly fat. Therein lies the problem. I LOVE to eat. I would rather have a softer stomach than skip out on my fatty foods. That's why I have resolved to have a flat, toned stomach rather than a six-pack. There are some things I just refuse to give up. Pasta, butter, and mayonnaise are just a few.

   However, there is one thing that I have to give up: Reese's. I don't mean the regular Reese cups. I mean the holiday bags of Reese's. Reese Christmas Trees, Reese Hearts, and Reese Eggs. Anyone who even kind-of knows me knows that I have an obsession for these little holiday treats. They used to only make the eggs so it was only a problem in the Spring. Now they pretty much make them year-round. Each bag contains approximately 2,000 calories. Not a problem if you spread one bag out for a while, but I average a bag every couple of days. I have no self-control. I even "hid" the last bag from myself thinking that would deter me from eating them. Nope. I sneak into my secret hiding place several times a day. Sometimes I eat them for breakfast. I always have at least two when I get home from work. Then a couple after dinner. It's starting to get ridiculous, and it's not even Reese egg prime time yet.  (I usually eat about 7 bags of the eggs.)

   I know what you're thinking, just quit buying the dang things. Here's the kicker--I haven't bought any of them since Easter season of last year. My sweet, loving friends buy them for me as little gifts. Sweet, right? Absolutely. But they are feeding this exceptionally bad habit.

   So, because I lack the strength to do it in person, I am officially asking people to stop being so thoughtful and buying me my favorite treats. No, I take that back, buy them for me, but only feed me one or two every once in a while. Or, better yet, buy them for me and save them for when I finish the Insanity program in March. Any of these will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment