A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Third Trimester Part 2

  We are so fortunate and blessed to have so many wonderful family and friends who helped us get off to a great start in supplies for our little one. Two of our friends threw a diapers and wipes couple's party for us so we've been well stocked in our changing supplies. We also had a traditional baby shower and received a lot of great equipment and clothes.
   True to form, Anthony and I waited until the weekend before the baby came to decorate the nursery. We had put it on the back burner since we figured August was going to sleep in the same room as us for the first few weeks of his life. With school for Anthony and work for me, it just wasn't a priority. I was so glad to have most of it done before August's arrival though. (Mainly because it has been a complete wreck since then and it's the only time we got to see it looking pristine.)
  We decided to do a nautical theme--I'll post pictures when we finish doing the mounds of laundry  piled on the bed and put away some of the unused equipment lying around.
  Anthony finished up school at the end of May, and we moved back to Tallassee for the last few weeks of our pregnancy. My doctor was in Montgomery  so it just made sense to spend the remainder of our pregnancy closer to home.
  My body started progressing towards labor about three weeks prior to my due date. I started dilating 1 cm per week and my cervix started thinning. Those last three weeks were so uncomfortable, and I was so excited that my body was preparing for August's arrival.
  I woke up each day thinking "today is the day" only to go to bed saying in a disappointed voice "today was not the day." Until one day....[Birth Story in next post]







No comments:

Post a Comment