A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

1st and 2nd Trimesters

  There's not a whole lot to say about the first trimester. It was pretty much spent in my bed with Dexter. Anthony and I decided to keep the pregnancy to ourselves until the first trimester had come to a close. Keeping something as big as that can take a toll on you. Couple that with the lethargy that comes with the first trimester and you've got a recipe for spending a lot of time in bed with Netflix.
  We actually found out the sex before telling our family and friends. Because I wasn't sharing my condition with anyone and I wasn't showing or experiencing most of the symptoms of pregnancy, I was desperate to connect with my baby in some way. When I found out that we could find out the sex early, I was so excited and started counting down the weeks until our appointment. We were both really hoping for a boy but tried not to get our hopes up. Tears were quietly streaming down my face once the technician announced we were having a son. We were both overjoyed, and it was such a nice feeling to know a little about the sweet baby that was inside of me.
  We told our families and friends at the beginning of the second trimester. No one tells you how mentally and physically exhausting telling everyone is going to be. News like pregnancy scatters faster than wildfire so it's literally a race to tell everyone you want to tell in person before they find out from someone else. It took me a solid week of visits to cross most people off of my list. I was so wiped out after a week that I resorted to making phone calls for the remainder and let gossip do the rest. I'm not sure how quickly the news spread, but I figured it would work its way around our small town within a very short time.
   I made cards for Kelly, Aubrey, and Jenna when I told them. The front said "How Do You Feel About" and had a line of ants crawling across the card. The inside said "There's Only One Right Answer" and flipped open to reveal an ultrasound picture. I had a lot of fun making them and even more fun passing them out.
  Knowing I wouldn't be able to travel after a certain point in my pregnancy, I did a lot of travelling for work in the second trimester. Pair that with getting married and moving to Dothan and you'll understand how quickly the "honeymoon" trimester went.








  
    











No comments:

Post a Comment