A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Who Are You When I'm Not Looking

    I love when my radio starts crooning this song. It is one of Blake Shelton's more romantic songs, in my opinion. It tugs at my heart strings that he recognizes there's a less put-together girl behind what she is presenting for him, and he wants to know that girl, too. It hits home for me because I feel like I'm [usually] pretty put together for the general public and then I get to be the real me when I get to my sweet little home in the middle of nowhere. I slather on the creams and stack on the flannels.

  This song came to mind today as I sit with my hair piled up high on my head, no make up, and layered onesies (yes, you read that right). I thought, "Wow, if people could see me now." It made me crack a smile because, later today, I'm going to leave this house looking presentable. And no one would ever know if it wasn't for this blog entry.

  So, for future reference, if ever this song comes on the radio and prompts someone to think of me while it's playing I've decided to answer ol' Blake's questions. Mystery solved.


My oh my, you're so good-looking  [Awww, thanks!]
Hold yourself together like a pair of bookends  [I do what I can.]
But I've not tasted all your cooking  [Well get ready, because I love to cook.]
Who are you when I'm not looking?


Do you pour a little something on the rocks?  [I usually go for the vino.]

Slide down the hallway in your socks?   [Frequently.]
When you undress, do you leave a path? [Oh yes.]
Then sink to your nose in a bubble bath? [Nah, bubble baths dry out your skin.]



My oh my, you're so good-looking

Hold yourself together like a pair of bookends
But I've not tasted all your cooking
Who are you when I'm not looking?



I wanna know

I wanna know
I wanna know



Do you break things when you get mad?  [Nah.]

Eat a box of chocolates 'cause you're feelin' bad? [More like a pan of brownies.]
Do you paint your toes 'cause you bite your nails? [You've got my number on this one.]
Call up momma when all else fails?  [Absolutely.]



Who are you when I'm not around?

When the door is locked and the shades are down? [You mean, like right now?]
Do you listen to your music quietly?  [I turn that stuff UP.]
And when it feels just right, are you thinkin' of me?  [Sorry, Blake, no.]



I wanna know

I wanna know
I wanna know



My oh my, you're so good-looking

But who are you when I'm not looking?


No comments:

Post a Comment