A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Shopping is the Devil

  I have noticed that I pretty much say everything is the devil. But only because those things really are. Christmas shopping goes right along in that category. Yes, Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. Yes, it's fun to give gifts to people you care about. And, yes, it is still a big ol' pain in the rear. However, I'm almost pretty sure I'm the one that makes it, as I say, the devil.

  My lack of planning is partly at fault. I don't want to designate a day/night of my weekend for this task, but I am too exhausted by the end of a work day to do it. I usually do it during those first days off of the break but that won't work with this year's school calendar. I've just been doing it little by little. I've got two gifts so far doing it t his way.

  My stubbornness is partly at fault. Unfortunately, I have this unquenchable desire to be able to tell myself, "I did that all by myself." I don't care if anyone else knows that all the credit goes to me; I just have to know it. It's pretty ridiculous. This is not just restricted to gift-giving; it takes hold on everything in my life. From gardening to cooking to working. Quite honestly, the only thing I've found that I absolutely don't mind divvying up the work for is cleaning. I can use a helping hand with that any day. So, yeah, asking someone what they want for Christmas is always a sure-fire way to ensure you get them the perfect gift, but then I wouldn't be able to take all the credit for it.

  My love of getting something new is at fault. I went to Target yesterday to pick up a couple of gifts. I wound up getting one gift for someone else and two gifts for me. Make no mistake, I had no need for my two gifts nor did I go into Target wanting these items. I guess online shopping is going to have to be the way to go this year. Thank goodness for Etsy!!

  Don't let this post fool you, I will have every single gift checked off before Christmas. I am mainly posting this to light a fire under myself because wrapping them is a whole other thing....   

No comments:

Post a Comment