A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Proof is in the Pudding

   I'm keeping my goal for 2012 on a very practical level. I decided to just stick to one resolution. Keep it simple. In other words, keep it doable. But for real, it's probably going to be the hardest one for me to keep. It's a real doozy.

   My resolution is to start answering my phone during 2012. Okay, pick yourself up off the floor and close your mouth. Anyone who even slightly knows me knows this is BIG. No, more like HUGE. Most people who aren't middle school teachers simply do not understand the mental exhaustion incurred in a day's time. By the time I walk off the school's campus, I just do not want to talk anymore. In fact, I've gotten so used to not talking on the phone that I rarely ever know where my phone is once I come home from work. It usually doesn't even cross my mind until it's time to go to bed and that's only because I use my phone as an alarm clock.

   But no more! I'm going to get out of my social rut and pick up the phone. Maybe next year's resolution will be to start actually calling people.....I may need a year to be ready for that. ;)

   So if the saying is true and the proof is in the pudding, then here's the pudding.

Oh, by the way, it's corn pudding that's on the menu today.

No comments:

Post a Comment