A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012!


We celebrated the arrival of the new year in Nashville. We had so much fun! Jenna had to work Friday evening so we departed late Friday night and arrived sometime around 3 am.

  We started the day with a lovely breakfast (okay, by the time we got up and got out it was lunch time) at the Pancake Pantry. I wish I had this little restaurant in my kitchen because they make the best pancakes ever! We then walked off the calories with a little shopping in the cute boutiques.

  We went downtown to celebrate NYE. I have never been around so many people in such a tight little space in my entire life. A little scary! But we had soooo much fun! Lynyrd Skynyrd (yes, I did say LYNYRD SKYNYRD) played a street concert! It was amazing! We watched the music note drop and then listened to Free Bird. I cannot express just how happy and excited I was to hear them play. I love, love, LOVE Lynyrd Skynyrd!







  After the concert we payed tribute to ol’ Auburn by going to Bourbon Street Blues Club. It was so much fun! They played jazz and blues and we danced and danced and danced!

  It was a great new years, to say the least.

  We went to the Grand Ol’ Opry on our last night in Nashvegas and looked at all the beautiful  Christmas decorations! 








  Of course, the hardest part is saying good bye!







No comments:

Post a Comment