A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

To Tweet or Not to Tweet

   After much avoidance, I joined Twitter last week. Why has it taken me this long, you ask? Because I find Twitter to be intimidating. All the codes and Twitter-jargon left me confused and ready to give up before I've even begun.
   As ridiculous as it is, I joined because I want to read celeb's Tweets. I think Twitter is super cool in that it really lets you see that celebrities truly are just regular people (with better clothes and way more cash flow). And so, I gave in to the temptation and am now updated on Kim K's every move. (Yes, I really do follow her on Twitter. I love to hate her and hate to love her. It's complicated.)
   My internal conflict is that I feel it's incredibly narcissistic. I have trouble coming up with something to say that "the whole world" (aka my 6 followers) could possibly care about. I mean, how narcissistic to think that people care that you are baking cookies, or leaving the store, or it's raining at your house. Celebs? Sure, it makes you feel like they're just another person living a regular life. But a regular person tweeting about regular activities that they do in their regular life? Not as cool.
   I guess this is going to give me new incentive to lead a more interesting life. We'll see how long that (and my Twitter account) lasts. ;)


Image obtained from mediafunnel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment