A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Friday, May 3, 2013

The Times They are A-Changin'

  "Courage is the power to let go of the familiar."--Raymond Lindquist


   I have been itching to formally make this announcement for quite some time now. I wanted to make sure I told my students first before I put my business out there in cyber space. After an emotional day spent talking it over with my kiddos, I am finally comfortable sharing the news with y'all.

     I am so very pleased to announce that I have accepted a position with Raycom Media. I am so excited and anxious about this new opportunity!!

     While I adore teaching and cherish the opportunity to make a difference in a young person's life, I have felt a pulling in my heart to make a professional change. Not wanting to make the wrong move or do anything rash, I came back to school this year and prayerfully seeked God's guidance and wisdom regarding this subject. I didn't want to do anything drastic without confirmation from Him that this was His will. And boy was He faithful with giving me confirmation! :) Just as He usually does, God didn't just answer my prayers--He went above and beyond what I asked of Him. It has been made abundantly clear that this big change is the right change for me.

       I am so grateful for having the privilege and honor to be a teacher for the past four years. As much as this sounds like a cliche, I truly believe these kids have taught me just as much as I've taught them. I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that I am a better person because of them. Since becoming a teacher, I've learned the arts of patience, forgiveness, and humility. I've learned that you have to pick your battles and let things roll off your back. I've learned that a smile is more powerful and more potent than anything that comes out of your mouth. I've learned that it takes all different kinds and diversity is something that should be celebrated. I've learned that, if you want to know the truth about something, ask a child. I've learned that encouragement and praise go a long way. I've learned that my way is not necessarily the right way and flexibility is key. I've learned that you may never truly know how much of an impact you can have on another person's life, but you should strive to do just that every single day. I know these kids will probably never know the profound impact they've had on my life, but I will be spending these next few precious days trying to show them!
   

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
James 1: 17


   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment