A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Sunday Seven 05.12.13

What I did this week. This past week was my last full week of teaching, and it was a doozy, for sure. Morning duty, standardized testing, detention duty, packing up my class room, planning for some lovely ladies' retirements, & planning activities for the students in my absence, oh my! At one point, my To-Do list was rocking 63 items. Not to mention, the realization that I will no longer be working with children on a daily basis anymore hit me pretty hard. But, alas, the weekend came and I'm ready to face this next week head on!


What kept me busy this weekend. While Memorial Day weekend is the official kickoff to summer, I went ahead and started mine this weekend. We resumed our Friday night summer ritual by going to Chuck's Marina and spent all day Saturday hanging out with some good people on Lake Martin. And, of course, I spent my Sunday with my incredible family to honor my mother, grandma, and aunt.


What I'm eating. I don't have anything particularly exciting to write about in this category. It's been a whole lot of PB&J's for me this week. However, I did sit down to a Mother's Day feast today.

What products I'm using. I've been loving this brown sugar and olive oil scrub one of my dear coworkers gave me. It is perfect for this time of year since it exfoliates and hydrates. My skin has a nice little glow to it, and it smells divine!

What I'm listening to. There's something about this time of year that makes me roll down my windows and turn up the country music. Currently, I'm loving Jake Owen's new song "Anywhere with You".


What I'm looking forward to. I am so looking forward to this upcoming week for so many reasons! First, because I will walk out of Room 6205 for the last time on Tuesday afternoon. Don't get me wrong, this thought saddens me to no end, but I am looking forward to it being done so that I can officially focus all of my excitement and attention to the start of my new career. Second, I am looking forward to this week because I am packing up the bikinis and loading the car for a few days at the beach with my ladies! This thought helped pull me through last week several times. There are few things I enjoy more than spending some QT with Aubrey and Jenna!!

What quote I'm loving.
Sounds simple but not so much. Ol' Ralphy knew what he was talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment