A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday's Letters 04.19.13


Dear People Who Decided to Dedicate a Whole Week to Appreciating Teachers,
     Teaching is a profession that is generally under-appreciated and over-worked. You don't do it for the glory and you certainly don't do it for the money. You do it because someone did it for you. You do it because you want to make an impact on a young person's life. I am so grateful for this week; it has been wonderful! Thank you to the parents for your thoughtfulness. Thank you to the PTO for all the lovely surprises, snacks, and luncheons. But most of all, thank you to my sweet students for your kind words and making me feel special. It's an honor to be your teacher. Truly.


Dear Weather,
   I just want to know what's up. Forgive me, but what the heck is wrong with you??? Why is it that every time I plan to spend time outside soaking up some Vitamin D you go crazy? And why is it that every time I have something I have to do that prohibits me from being outside you are beautiful? Seriously, why? Is this some kind of joke? Is it karma? Because I don't think it's funny, and I can't think of anything I've done to deserve this type of treatment. 

Current Conditions - °F | °C
As of 9:05 AM on Apr 19, 2013 (Local Time) from KMGM Reporting Station
Moderate RainModerate Rain
55°F
Feels Like: 55°
Wind Chill:55°Ceiling:900
Heat Index:55°Visibility:2.50mi
Dew Point:52°Wind Speed:12mph
Humidity:88%Direction:290° (WNW)
Pressure:29.96"Wind Gusts:NA
Report Text: KMGM 191405Z 29010KT 2 1/2SM RA BR BKN009 BKN015 OVC029 13/11 A2996 RMK AO2 VIS 2V5 P0005
10 AM
T-Showers
T-Showers56°
11 AM
T-Showers
T-Showers55°
12 PM
T-Showers
T-Showers55°



Dear Pure Barre 20-Day Challenge,
   So....I'm not doing too hot. Even though I will not be taking advantage of the half-off reward for completing you, I really wanted to push myself to do 20 classes in 30 days due to the fact that I'm going to be living in a bikini next weekend. Even though I'm shooting for 6 classes this week, I think I will still come up 2 classes short. Rather than focusing on the fact that I will not complete the challenge, I'm going to celebrate the fact that I have found a workout that I truly enjoy and regularly attend. 
  


Dear Aubs,
   I love, love, love spending time with you. You know there's like 6 colleges around here, right? Just throwing that out there. I had a great time "watching" the Biscuits play and spending some QT with you. But seriously, who did we play and did we win?

I'm pretty terrible at capturing moments with my camera. Unfortunately, the only pic I took was of this GINORMOUS hot dog.


Dear Kaci and Justin,
    Congratulations to the both of you! I am so happy for you, and I hate I cannot help celebrate your upcoming wedding at the couple's shower this weekend!

Dear Former Students,
   It was awesome seeing you yesterday during our trip to the Jr. High! This day is one of my favorites each year. It's crazy how much you change from 7th to 8th grade, and even more so from 7th to 9th. I had all of my babies (minus my first year's babies) under one roof. I am so proud of each of you, and I love and miss you dearly!

Dear A.D.D.,
   Why must you plague me? Do I like being absent-minded, scatter-brained, and forgetful? Of course not! Do I like being free-spirited, easily excited, and fun? You betcha! But you win. I'm going to try out some new medicine and see if I can be less of the first and remain the last. No promises though.


Dear Three-Day Weekend,
   Oh, yes! You are going to be enjoyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment