A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'm Over October

   As stated earlier, I love the month of October. (If you wanna know why, click here.) And this October did not disappoint. Because I have not blogged about any of the happenings this month, I'm just gonna sum it all up in this one post. So here goes:

Main Event 1:   Words cannot describe how much I look forward to the Alabama National Fair's annual visit to Montgomery. I absolutely love rides that spin, and the vast majority of the rides at the fair go in some sort of circle. So I'm pretty much in a state of bliss the entire time I'm there.
     I went with a dear friend this year, and we had a blast! We exerted so much energy that I literally had to be carried to the car because I was so exhausted. And I didn't leave empty handed--I left with a HUGE pink pig. My students were so happy because the pig is now our class pet. (We named him Herbert.)

Herbert


Main Event 2: Daddy turned 50 the 19th of October. We got (almost) the entire family together at Kelly's house and threw him a surprise party. It was so much fun!


 Not the best picture, but it'll do.



Main Event 3: This is the first year that I have decorated the house for Halloween. I usually decorate the house with fall decorations but skip those decorations specifically related to Halloween. I really enjoyed trying to make the porch cute but scary at the same time.





Main Event 4: Tyler turned 11, and Kelly and Troy had the fam over to celebrate. I love that I'm considered T's family. I love him like the nephew I never had! :)



Main Event 5: Liberty set up a booth at Trade Day to raise funds for a mission trip to Haiti. My role was to paint faces. I can honestly say there was virtually no rest from 8:00 am-1:00 pm for me. And I'm not complaining! We raised a good bit of money for the mission team! I know they're going to do great things in Haiti this December!




Main Event 6: Kelly, Aunt Lynda, and I went to see Dracula at the Shakespeare Festival. We had so much fun! We had dinner at Bonefish that was absolutely delicious, and Dracula was fantastic! I already can't wait until April to go see a play about King Henry VIII. ASF knows how to put on a good show!



Main Event 7: Jenna and I went to Syrup Sopping this year. It makes me sad to say Jenna had no idea what I was talking about when I asked if she wanted to go. So we woke up early (Okay, that's a lie. We actually slept in crazy late for us, but I feel like I have to say we woke up early because you're supposed to on Syrup Sopping Day.) and headed to Loachapoka for some handmade goods and sugar cane syrup. We had a great time!




Main Event 8: We celebrate Homecoming Sunday at my home-church in October. While I do not attend Calvary anymore, I absolutely love my sweet church. You won't find a more God-fearing pastor and people. We heard a great message and had dinner on the grounds afterwards.



Main Event 8: I now have a second job. A friend of mine has 12 pecan trees on his land and offered me a job helping pick up pecans. With Christmas shopping in mind, I quickly said "yes." So I've been picking up pecans here and there when I can after work and on the weekends. I really enjoy it. We can't ever sync our schedules to pick up at the same time so we basically work in shifts. I have really, really enjoyed picking them up. With work, television, and the Internet, we rarely spend time just "being." I have enjoyed having some alone time with just me and the pecans. It's extremely relaxing!



Main Event 9: Halloween weekend! Ben came to town to play with My Two Wings Friday and Saturday night. So, of course, we made a weekend out of going to hear them play. We had so much fun! I didn't dress up Friday night (gasp, I know!). Apparently I missed the memo that you are only supposed to dress up Friday night because I dressed up Saturday night and wound up being the only person in a costume. Finally, after a couple of hours, people started filtering in with costumes. I'm not gonna lie, it was awkward for a while. I couldn't exactly play off my costume like it was a regular outfit--I was a crayon. Haha! It was still a good time!

My Two Wings playing at Blue Bagel
 Josh, Ryan, and "Razzle Dazzle Rose" listening to My Two Wings


Main Event 10: Because Halloween fell on a school day, we decided to have a party in each of my classes on Monday. I was very nervous on my drive to work that morning because I felt like I was really going to regret allowing the kids to be all hopped up on sugar while I'm trying my best to teach a lesson on congruency. I'm so glad that my worry was unnecessary because the students did a great job! We only spent bout 10 minutes actually partying (I know, that's not really a party, but my job is to teach them--not entertain them), and no one complained. Apparently we packed enough fun into those 10 minutes for them to realize they didn't have a lot of time. :)

I can't show pictures of the kids, but you can take my word for it--they had some great costumes!



No comments:

Post a Comment