A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'm calling it even.

     So every year I have an internal (and pointless) battle over which season I love the most. It always comes down to summer and fall. For some reason, I feel the need to only have one favorite. When summer rolls around, I'm soooo glad that it's here and I inevitably think to myself, "yep, my favorite is definitely summer." Then fall rolls around, and I'm so ready for the cooler weather, lightweight jackets, football, changing leaves (you get the picture) that I think, "yep, fall is definitely my favorite". This year was no different. I thought I had finally decided on summer since my job allows me to have summers off. This past summer was my first summer off and it was A-MAZING!!! So yeah, naturally, summer was it. Fell right into the number one spot, easily. Buuttt, now it's fall, and I'm thinking I love it just as much. So, after 24 years of battling my own self, I'm calling it even. I love them both. --Disclaimer: if you're thinking, "Wow, I just wasted a couple minutes of my life reading this meaningless paragraph", you're right. My apologies. I just really felt the need to put that out there.

     This is my second year officially living as an adult. (This constitutes living by myself, paying my own bills, and not just having a job, but having a career.) I have really gotten into seasonal decorating since becoming "an adult". Wreaths are my favorite! I think the majority of people would say their favorite decorating season is Christmas. Not mine! It's fall. Everybody decorates for Christmas--it's expected. But not everyone decorates for fall--it's appreciated. I love the burnt oranges, the burgundies, the deep purples. I put up a fall display in my yard this year. Not gonna lie--I'm pretty proud of it. (Which is why I'm posting a picture of my boss display.) It brings so much enjoyment to me, my neighbors, and passers-by. And hopefully you.

No comments:

Post a Comment