A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Maggie May

   A friend's dog had beautiful, black lab puppies 8 weeks ago. I got the opportunity to babysit one while he was on vacation. She's sooooo cute! I had a little talk with myself about putting up boundaries in my heart so I wouldn't fall in love with her and want to keep her. You see, I've always been a realist, and the truth is--I LOVE dogs, but I do not need one. I will not give it the attention that it deserves; I know that. That's why I'm a cat person. Skunk loves to be doted on more than the average cat, but he's also perfectly content by himself. Dogs aren't like that. And so I had to remind myself of this over and over again during Maggie's stay with me.
   Anyway, I did fall in love with her, but I gave her back....eventually. Here's some pics of the little baby!

Skunk tolerated her

 We visited Josh at work so he could meet her
 Me and Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment