A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Friday, June 3, 2011

End of the School Year

   Well I wrapped up another school year. Sad day, but not really. Last year I was so not looking forward to the summer because I knew that I wouldn't get to see my students that I had grown to love like my own children. That dread of the end of the school year goes away after your first class. While I truly loved my students this year, I could not wait to get out for summer break. Teachers just need it for their sanity. I didn't  realize that last year as I was wrapped up in first-class bliss. (I only cried twice on the last day of school this year due to knowing my babies aren't going to be MY babies anymore.)
   I can honestly say that this school year was amazing! Great kids, great coworkers, great school! But I am so looking forward to the summer! Anybody can tell you that I am antisocial during the school year. I like to get my 8 hours of sleep so if something is just getting started at 7:30 or later, you can count me out. But not during the summer! I can go as far away from Notasulga and stay up as late as I want! I can sleep in past 6:00. I have the time to cook my elaborate meals that I always want to cook during the school year but cannot. I can go to the lake and the creek as much as I want. I have time to read books and laze around in my hammock....Okay, now I'm just bragging.
   Here's a few pictures of the 2010-2011 school year. I only picked pictures where you couldn't really make out the students' faces so, unfortunately, most of the good ones aren't posted.

Football Season


                                                                
 Pep Rally--Go Lions!



                              Waaaaayyyy too many kids in the I-pod Room during Team Celebration


Lions Teachers


Ahhhh!!! Cam!



Field Trip


Faculty Softball



No comments:

Post a Comment