A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thankfulness....a week later

So I know I'm seven days late on this one......but for anyone who knows me, that should seem about right.
Fact: We all have something to be thankful for. When we discuss the things we're thankful for it is usually only the generics that come up: God, salvation, family, friends, health, house, car, living in America, etc. So I'm going to take this time to list a few non-generic things in my life that I'm thankful for (but really I'm just bragging about all the little things that make my life so great):
  1. the fact that my kitty cat, Skunkus Leonis, waits on me to get home everyday like a puppy dog
  2. the way my classroom smells (Tyler Candle Company: Limelight)
  3. the adrenaline rush after my coffee
  4. my sweet students--the normal reaction when I tell people that I am a 7th grade teacher is awe. Truth: 7th graders are awkward and usually the worst behaved. Truth: Mine are AWESOME
  5. my memory foam pillow
  6. when I mention that my favorite candy is Reese's and I have kids (that I don't even teach) bringing me Reese's out of the blue for a week straight
  7. when someone returns your smile
  8. even better: when someone smiles at you first
  9. the breakfast muffins a coworker brings to me almost every morning
  10. slumber parties with my friends (yes, we are 25 and do it at least twice a month)
  11. watching my flowers grow and knowing it is because of my care and attention
  12. my bloodhounds' howls
  13. wreaths (for all seasons)
  14. my Droid 2
  15. calculators
  16. Dan, my stuffed animal
  17. my house robe
  18. chap stick
  19. MAC makeup
  20. hot rollers
  21. a compliment
  22. Mrs. Jeanelle's cakes
  23. the fact that my grandparents really do live over the [branch] and through the woods
  24. a really good pen
  25. my metabolism
  26. massages
  27. Flintstones vitamins
  28. red toenail polish
  29. freshly vacuumed carpet
  30. my Sherpa blanket
  31. my chair (that's really Don's chair)
  32. my childhood summers with my Grandma, Kelly, Stephanie, and Mandy
  33. post it notes--they're so much fun
  34. the fair
  35. hope
  36. when someone tells me that I'm their favorite teacher :)
  37. physics
  38. Sunday mornings: getting ready for church listening to 92.3's southern gospel hour, actual church, and Sunday dinners (Southern for lunch)
  39. Rummy
  40. Tetris
  41. that I found The Office....many, many seasons later
  42. the tv show Lost
  43. the fact that Stephenie Meyer wrote the Twilight series
  44. Motion City Soundtrack, Brand New, and Dashboard Confessional
  45. Pandora
  46. Hand Sanitizer
  47. Gum
  48. Wal-Mart
  49. jersey sheets
  50. Regina Phalange
I could keep going forever, so I'll stop at 50 since you probably stopped at 3. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment