A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Man of my Dreams; Man of my Prayers

  I can remember dreaming about the man I would someday marry as a little girl. This dreaming spurred prayers for the unknown man--anything from hoping he had a good day, to our future lives together, to asking God to shape him into the man I would need him to be, and similarly, shaping me into the woman I would need to be for him.

   This continued on throughout my teenage and adult years. In fact, I specifically remember praying for for him last year. I didn't know who he'd be or when he'd come into my life, but I knew that he would at some point and I wanted to do my part in praying for his daily and spiritual life.

   I asked God to look into my heart and mold my future husband into exactly who He knew that I would need. I even went as far as to dream for extras such as being handsome and funny. Greedy, I know, but it never hurts to ask. :)

   And just like He always does, God answered that prayer whispered by a little girl through the years until she became a woman. In Anthony, I have found everything I could have possibly ever needed and wanted. He challenges me. He continuously builds me up and offers support in all my endeavors. He is my perfect compliment, my confidant, and my very best friend. Through Anthony, God supplied needs I didn't even know I had. Our Father, true to form, even went above and beyond by throwing in those extras. (I told you it never hurts to ask.)

  So let this post be an encouragement of prayer to those unmarried little girls and ladies. It might seem silly to pray for a man that you haven't yet met and may not plan to meet for a while. We all need prayer, and who better to pray for than the man who will be the leader in your home one day? God hears those requests and honors them. He is able to see the needs we cannot and grants us our heart's desire.



Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.--Mark 11:24




1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! I can't tell you how happy I am for you and Anthony. I can't wait to see what all he has in store for you both!!

    ReplyDelete