A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Who Needs Nashville When You Have These Cakes

   Okay, for reals, I don't really mean that title. I need Nashville. It's calling my name for Spring Break. But let's get serious.

   One place I have to go when we go visit the Bugna's and the Eason in Music City is the Pancake Pantry. It's soooo good! I'll be honest, I'm not a huge pancake lover. I mean, they're nice and all, but that's not typically what I order when I go out to eat. (Even at my fave restaurant, Cracker Barrel.) But if you're going to a place that is known worldwide for their pancakes, you should probably go for those. And, so, I did. I got the sweet potato pancakes the first time I went, and I've never switched it up since. Sure, I dabble in my friends' plates to sample a bit, but I have only fully committed to these deciousnesses. (Yes, I made that word up; no, I don't care that it's not a real word.)

  I am definitely an over user of my sense of touch. Texture is big for me--especially with food. There are some foods that I don't care for the taste but I eat for the texture alone (i.e., bananas). Anyhoo, one reason these pancakes are so divine is their texture. It's so much better than a regular pancake. I can't really describe it, but just know that it's different. In a good way.

  Another reason these pancakes are menu-stealers is the rich cinnamon cream syrup that comes with them. If you forget about the sweet potato deliciousness and the texture fabulousness, this syrup is reason enough to get these pancakes.

   I ravaged the Internet for a copycat recipe, and found this little lovely. I urge you to try it!!

**Notice that after you mix the batter it needs to sit for an hour.
**I used canned sweet potatoes due to a time crunch.
**I changed the syrup recipe a tad by adding some regular syrup as well. That's how it's served at the Pancake Pantry. I tried it both ways, and I definitely like it mixed in with regular syrup.

Okay, here's the link. Go get 'em!
http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/2010/08/17/sweet-potato-pancakes/


Pancake Pantry in Nashville

Their's

Mine


No comments:

Post a Comment