A blog with no set theme. It's kinda like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Absolute Most Favorite Hymn

I am a huge fan of hymns. I love to read through a hymnal like it's a book of poetry. I love to sit and meditate on the words. I don't feel like I can do that when I'm singing in church because I am forced to  move on to the next line. This is my favorite; it's words are magnificent. Hope it touches you as much as it does me.

When I Survey the Wondrous Cross

1. When I survey the wondrous cross 
 on which the Prince of Glory died; 
 my richest gain I count but loss, 
 and pour contempt on all my pride. 

2. Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast, 
 save in the death of Christ, my God; 
 all the vain things that charm me most, 
 I sacrifice them to his blood. 

3. See, from his head, his hands, his feet, 
 sorrow and love flow mingled down. 
 Did e'er such love and sorrow meet, 
 or thorns compose so rich a crown. 

4. Were the whole realm of nature mine, 
 that were an offering far too small; 
 love so amazing, so divine, 
 demands my soul, my life, my all. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful, amazing hymn that I haven't really meditated on before. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete